Montana Cattlemen's Association Scholarship
Montana Cattlemen's Association will award a $500 college scholarship to a member or
son/daughter of a member. The deadline for application is May 1. Download the application form here. Scholarship Form (pdf)
BASIS FOR SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
1. Must be a graduating high school senior of a Montana high school.
2. Must have a “C” or higher grade point average.
3. Must be enrolled or intending to enroll full time in any accredited college or university that offers a
bachelor degree; an approved vocations or trade school; an accredited junior college; or an
institution offering a registered nursing degree.
4. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of 1) academic achievement 2) cattle industry involvement
3) goals and quality of application, and 4) amount of other scholarships the applicant has received.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP AND PAYMENT
1. The amount of the scholarship is $500.
2. The scholarship will be paid one-half upon enrollment for the first semester and one-half upon
enrollment for the second semester or within the term in a system other than semester basis is
used. Payment will be made to the college or university upon proof of enrollment each semester.
(Speak to your college business office about providing proof of registration.)
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING
1. The application can be obtained at email@example.com or by calling Montana
Cattlemen at 406-861-0173.
2. Current transcript and ACT or SAT scores must be included with the application.
3. Three letters of recommendation must be included with the application:
One letter must be from an academic reference (i.e., school counselor, principal, teacher, advisor)
and that person must address only your academics.
One letter must be from an industry involvement reference (i.e., veterinarian, extension educator,
4-H or FFA leader, breed association, banker, livestock nutritionist) and that person must address
only your cattle industry involvement/experience.
One letter must be from a character reference (i.e., religious, public official, volunteer program
leader) and that person must address only your citizenship.
These references must not be relatives. The letters must be included with the application.
4. Applications are DUE May 1 of the current year. The application, current transcript, and all
three letters, must be included.
Mail application to: Montana Cattlemen
PO Box 536
Vaughn, MT 59487
You can download the scholarship application here