Montana Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship
Montana Cattlemen’s Association will award a $500 college scholarship to a member or son/daughter of a member. The deadline for application is July 1. Download the application form here. Scholarship Form (pdf)
BASIS FOR SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Must be a graduating high school senior of a Montana high school.
- Must have a “C” or higher grade point average.
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll full time in any accredited college or university that offers a bachelor degree; an approved vocations or trade school; an accredited junior college; or an institution offering a registered nursing degree.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of 1) academic achievement 2) cattle industry involvement 3) goals and quality of application, and 4) amount of other scholarships the applicant has received.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP AND PAYMENT
- The amount of the scholarship is $500.
- The scholarship will be paid one-half upon enrollment for the first semester and one-half upon enrollment for the second semester or within the term in a system other than semester basis is used. Payment will be made to the college or university upon proof of enrollment each semester.
(Speak to your college business office about providing proof of registration.)
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING
- The application can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Montana Cattlemen at 406 861 0173.
- Current transcript and ACT or SAT scores must be included with the application.
- Three letters of recommendation must be included with the application: One letter must be from an academic reference (i.e., school counselor, principal, teacher, advisor) and that person must address only your academics. One letter must be from an industry involvement reference (i.e., veterinarian, extension educator, 4-H or FFA leader, breed association, banker, livestock nutritionist) and that person must address only your cattle industry involvement/experience. One letter must be from a character reference (i.e., religious, public official, volunteer program leader) and that person must address only your citizenship. These references must not be relatives. The letters must be included with the application.
- Applications are DUE July 1 of the current year. The application, current transcript, and all
three letters, must be included.
Mail application to:
PO Box 536
Vaughn, MT 59487
You can download the scholarship application here Scholarship Form (pdf)